Without Rival by Lisa Bevere - Online Discussion
Keeping Connected: Sisterhood Leaders
Blog Schedule: Without Rival by
Lisa Bevere
1. An Identity without Rival (Post and comment between July 5-12th)
2. Our Unrivaled God (between July 12-19th)
3. A Promise without Rival (between July 19th-26th)
4. Don’t You Dare Compare! (between July 26th-August 2nd)
5. When You’re Seen as a Rival (between August 2nd-August 9th)
6. Gender without Rival (between August 9th-August 16th)
7. The Rivalry of Fear and Love (between August 16th-August
23rd)
8. Deep Wells and Wishing Wells (between August 23rd-August
30th)
9. A Daughter without Rival (between August 30th-September 6th)
10. A Life Unrivaled (between September 6th-September 13th)
It would be great if you could log on to the blog at www.sisterhoodyxe.blogspot.com
and post the quote or the main point that you most appreciated about each
chapter and take the time to read someone else’s post and respond to that.
Thank you so much for participating in this online book journey – hopefully we
can all learn tons together!
Thank you for being a Leader at Elim Church – it is a powerful thing to
stay connected as leaders as we all serve in the ways God leads us! Thank you
for engaging with this study!
In Jesus,
The Sisterhood Team
Kait, Char, Tomi and Colleen
Good morning ladies! Wow, what a first chapter! It truly has me thinking already! This is going to be a good book and great challenges! Such good reminders! I love the concept and defining truths of our "uniqueness"!! Claiming that and seeking him to speak to me on who has really made me to be! I had several thoughts come to mind right away, but then had to stop and really wonder if those are just things I think I have to be, or am trying to be....rather than who he has made me to be! Seems we do live in a very constant world of living up to expectations, and feel as though I have never really fully asked God who HE made me to be! Challenge accepted! Blessings dear friends, and a happy Monday to you!
ReplyDeleteGenevieve
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Genny! I love the way you are leading others to find God as they seek to live in His joy - I see you look for that in your own life and spread it! I really like what you are saying about stopping and reflecting as you read too - SO good!
DeleteWinnie July 12, 2017 8:00pm
ReplyDeleteHello sisters:) I am loving this already. I had so many quotes that stood out for me and the one that stood out the most though was:
Seasons, criticisms, and events can refine you - they have the potential to shape the mettle of your life, but they are not the substance of your life...God is.
Just looking at my life and having gone through a lot of seasons, experienced criticisms, and a lot of struggles, I know that none of those could change God's plan for my life because He is the substance and not all of what I have gone through.
Thank you Kaitlyn for leading us! This book looks like it will be really good and will lead to some great discussion. I appreciated many points in this first chapter. To begin with on pg 14. mid-page she says "There are very real forces that whisper lying innuendoes that assault your mind, your will, and your emotions in the hope of causing you to turn on yourself and then to turn on others." I think first becoming aware of our thoughts, and then taking control of them is HUGE. Whenever I strive to take notice of my thoughts I'm always amazed by the constant stream that is going through my mind mostly unnoticed....and how, unchecked, these thoughts can be hugely influential in controlling my feelings and actions!
ReplyDeleteI also really appreciated the section titled To Whom Do You Belong starting on pg 24. "What really matters in the midst of all the ebb and flow is who you are and to whom you belong"pg 25. This is a lesson that I have been on a learning course of for many years. In my late teens and twenties it was very easy to get pulled in the direction of my university studies defining who I was. Then as I left that behind to embark in motherhood there was a bit of an identity crisis of 'who am I now??'. Slowly, step by step I am learning to find my identity in Christ which - as she says - is constant and unchanging no matter how my external circumstances change.
Finally, I am excited for what is to come in this book for 'awakening your ears to hear'. How exciting to focus on training our ears to hear the Holy Spirit speak to us, inviting us to function in the body in the unique was that He has created us to fit! - Chantal
Chantal -"training our ears to hear the Holy Spirit" - I love that this is something we can practice and train for! Such great thoughts Chantal!
DeleteWinnie - I love how you said we can tune out the critical voices - and tune into God's. You have been through so much but you are right that He always has a plan! Your life shines that truth!
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book so far. It has touched my life on many levels. The quote that really stood out for me is on page 30. "Through us he wants to be on the inside looking out, not because he needs our eyes, but because we need his vision".
ReplyDeleteThis really shouts obedience, surrender, and totally giving the Lord his rightful place. I loved going through the I am's of God too. I am stronger as I surrender to know HIM!
Thank you SO much Colleen for these thoughts - I was blessed as I read them this morning and reminded that God sees me this morning - that He is Lord over all. That surrender and obedience and giving Him his rightful place is going to build strength and JOY and peace in me. Thank you!
DeleteWinnie
ReplyDeleteWe are invited to look back and see His faithfulness!!
Shouldn't we be talking about what He has done rather than what we have done?
Looking back is usually discouraged. I really loved that line because looking back reminds me of God's faithfulness and gives me the encouragement to keep moving forward because knowing that He has promised to never leave or forsake me makes me know that I am never alone.
There was so much in this chapter and going through the Word was such a blessing to know that all those quotes are coming straight from the Word which then takes us to the most important or the main subject. It is all about God!!!
Have a blessed rest of your week sisters!!!